Thursday, March 26, 2009

Feeling Fat

Yesterday marked week 11 and I am feeling fat even though I have actually lost two pounds. How this works is beyond me. I definitely have a pouch, so I guess the weight has shifted. Anyhow, here's the latest and greatest.
We actually have the heartbeat as well, it is a soundwave I hope you are able to hear it.

Other than that exciting news, there isn't too much new going on. I was on Spring Break last week and all I really did was rest. It was AWESOME!

It's back to work, full force, this week though. We are preparing for AIMS and Terra Nova next week. Everyone seems to be on edge. I don't know what my deal is, but I am not stressed about it at all. I guess I figure that we have had them for 140-some days by that point, what more are we going to be able to cram into them in the last week. I guess that could come back to bite me in the butt, only time will tell.

We are also sidetracked at work with all of the budget cuts coming our way. Our district has to cut $4.4 million. Our school has to cut four positions. Everyone is talking and making predictions about what is going to happen next year. I had a meeting with our principal today before leaving. She is going to keep me in second grade as the team lead (for now). She hasn't completely closed out the idea of having me move up to third grade. I wouldn't mind that either. I just don't want to go back to fourth or fifth grade (too many hormones).

For now we are all just waiting for the final word from the Board. There is a vote on the 9th of April and contracts are supposed to be passed out no later than the 15th of April. I'm not concerned about having a job, but I did have hopes of job sharing with another expecting mom. If I were to do that at this point, I'd have to do it knowing that it could be more than just the one year. The economy being what it is, I don't know if I want to make that kind of commitment to part-time.

Kyle and I have weighed the options and we are really leaning toward full time for (at least) this next year. I won't have the baby until October, so I wouldn't go back to work until Jan. At that point, I'd only have a five months of school left (with a spring break and random holidays here and there). It's a tough decision to make but (again) with things the way they are right now, it is the best decision for us. If nothing else, it will help us to save money to move to Tennessee.

That's all Folks, this is Tommie signing off...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until you are here in TN!
    It sounds like a lot of crazy stuff going on, but it definately sounds like you are making the right decision. It seems like that school is on the edge every year. It has been since i've been there, but every one manages to hold out through everything.
    Congrats on the heart beat! I already tell you this all the time but I'm so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're excited too. I can't wait to get out there either. We are talking about taking a long weekend to TN (again). I'll keep you posted though.

    ReplyDelete